Please see this BBC educational program:
2. How much do splashbacks cost?
A. The price is calculated per surface area (sqm). Price per square meter will vary depends on how many individual layers are required to achieve the desired finish and how many labor hours are needed. (e.g. basic entry level splashbacks would require minimum 2 layers per each panel - 1. colour coating and 2. protective backing like aluminum foil. The standard colour glass splashback prices are based on 6mm toughened glass, but you can decide to go for a different thickness of the glass.
B. Next, you also need to budget for the cost of the shaping of the glass. Any notches, socket openings, holes for screws or curvatures other than square or rectangular are all extras as they are labor intensive and are charged at standard rates.
C. Other extra costs you should budget for is the cost of measuring and fitting service as these are optional, however, we will guarantee you the professional installation backed up with up to 10 years warranty on a fitted product by CreoGlass.
An average "L" shape kitchen fully fitted with entry-level glass splashbacks could start from around £800-£1200.
Some of ®CreoGlass bespoke designs may consist of up 15 individual layers and are created using various techniques (e.g. hand-made stenciling technique) and materials (e.g. print, glitter, mirror, 24-carat gold, plain paint etc.). These splashbacks are classified as "Commissioned Bespoke Designs" and require prototyping. The design stage is longer to ensure all artworks, colours and custom shades, special add-ons like glittery effects (rainbow sparkles, 3D effect…) are agreed. These splashbacks may cost between £2500-£7000.
To reduce the cost further you can:
1. apply for finance
2. reduce complicated shaping
3. reduce the design level
4. reduce the sqm size
5. we have a range of great offers every month. You can subscribe to our monthly news email so you can take advantage of our special offers when you are ready for your project.
For more details please follow the link to our online quotation request, where our team will quickly work out an estimate based on your particular sizes and design choice.
3. What’s the delivery lead time for a glass splashback? How long does it take?
Manufacturing time for toughened glass splashbacks is about two weeks. However, different design level with multiple layers
and techniques require different curing processes will extend the manufacturing lead time depending. Please ask the member of staff for more details. If you opt-in for our full-service measure and fit service we aim to fit our entry-level glass splashbacks within 2-4 weeks from a successful and confirmed site survey.
With "supply only" service the process can be as quick as 10 working days, although again this is dependent on the design you have chosen.
4. How do I request an Estimate?
There are several ways to request the estimated price.
- Take a short video/pictures of your kitchen (provided it has been built already) and send it to us via WhatsApp (07494141803), or via Facebook Messanger, or via email
- Email us your kitchen floor plans from your kitchen designer/supplier
- You can provide us with your own sketch with rough dimensions. Remember, this is for estimate purposed only, so don't worry if you are not accurate. Watch this video to help you.
5. How strong is toughened glass?
Toughened Glass has got a very high breakpoint and can withstand high temperatures. If the breakpoint is reached it shatters instantly to small safer pieces.